A Roommate in the Hospital: A Live Story From Padang, West Sumatera, Indonesia

21:34:00


Here I am still in the hospital, Yos Sudarso, Padang. Now I am siting beside my father’s bed. I just came here this morning. It’s now my turn to look after him. I took a shift with my brother this morning, now my brother went home for a rest, and I stay here watching my father until the late noon, at that time my mom comes.


It has been 5 days my father getting medical treatment here, since Thursday last week. Today his condition has not any progress yet. His blood tension and glucose are still in fluctuation, sometime high and sometime low, still not reach in normal level yet. He still feels dizzy and weak. He only lays on the bed.


Now I am not going to tell you about my beloved Father, he is okay. He, in this ward, there are two patients, one is my father, and the other is Mr Rusdy. Mr Rusdy is an old man, 73 years old. He has been two weeks stayed in this ward, because of heart disease and stokes. He is very weak, even can not talk clearly.

Now, here, in this ward, there are many people, his family come in. Not my family, but mr Rusdy’s family, children, his old wife, and also his relatifes, many people. As I know that the regulation rule, it’s not a time for visiting the patient. But the security seems let them to be into the ward.


Two doctors and several nurses are in taking care Mr Rusdy, very serious and intensive. I see from my sit, beside my father’s bed, Mr Rusdy’s visitor are all gloomy, sadness, some are crying. Their faces are wet by eyes teardrops. They just stand around the dying Mr Rusdy and the paramedics who are working very seriously on Mr Rusdy’ lay and weakness body.


I just keep writing here. I don’t want to interrupt this situation or asking them a question about their sick Father. I realize that this family, Family from my father’s  roommate are sad. You know, my friend, reader, where ever you are, here I see, I look by my eyes, Mr Rusdy is dying. I look his wife sit down near very close with his head. She is now speaking very slow and low in her husband’s ear. Seem the old lady speaks the holy words to him. In order to make Mr Rusdy stay awake, and keep close and stick to Allah.


Okay, now my dear friends, where ever you are. I wish Mr Rusdy get well and conscious to himself again, passing for his crisis part of his life soon. I know god is with him now.


My best regard,
Lucky Lukmansyah,
writer




Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar

Penulisan markup di komentar
  • Silakan tinggalkan komentar sesuai topik. Komentar yang menyertakan link aktif, iklan, atau sejenisnya akan dihapus.
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode gunakan <i rel="code"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode panjang gunakan <i rel="pre"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan quote gunakan <i rel="quote"> catatan anda </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan gambar gunakan <i rel="image"> URL gambar </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan video gunakan [iframe] URL embed video [/iframe]
  • Kemudian parse kode tersebut pada kotak di bawah ini
  • © Simple SEO ✔