Video Assisted English Learning: Basic Conversation

08:29:00



Learning English is not difficult. Nowadays people have technology to access a lot of English material sources from the internet. People can get multiple choices of material start from the basic level to the advance.

We start from the basic level of conversation. There are a lot of sample conversations we find in the internet, especially from Youtube, there we can watch a thousand videos of English conversation. By learning conversation through video, learners can get the precise comprehension about the language target. Learners may understand the context of the dialogue, and where the conversation take place.


Practice: Formal Brief Conversation

Lesson One: Greeting
Well now let’s we try to have a brief conversation: It is a formal conversation, there are 3 people involved during the this conversation. The conversation takes place in a university, between a teacher and two students.


Robert Good afternoon, teacher, how are you today?

Teacher Good afternoon, Robert. I am doing well. And you?

Robert I’m great, thank you. This is my best friend Jane. She wants to apply to come to this university. She would like to ask you a few questions. Would you mind taking the time and telling her what process she would have to do, please?

Teacher Hello, Jane! It’s a nice to meet you. I am very busy today, as I am going to class now for the next 3 hours. Can you come to my office for 9am tomorrow morning?

Jane Yes, that will be no problem. Thank you for making time for me and speaking to me today.

Teacher Hopefully we will be seeing you at this university soon. See you tomorrow at 9.

Explanation:
When you use such greetings as good morning, good afternoon and good evening they are used for the different times of the day you are greeting people. "Good evening" is often used after 6 p.m. or generally when the sun has set.

click here for watching a video "greeting and introduction"
Lesson Two: Making Apology and Apologizing Between Neighbors

Making an apology

Mr. Bent: Mr. Owen, I feel bad about what happened this morning. I ought not to have spoken so. I’m extremely sorry.

Mr. Owen: There’s no need to apologize at all. I could quite understand your feelings.

Explanation: I’m extremely sorry, it is one example of the expression making an apology to someone. There are a lot of expressions about apology we may find out. More example that is;

Please will you accept my apology.

Please can you accept my humblest apology.

I was wrong.

I should not have said that. to you I feel bad now.

The comments I made about you were ill-advised.

I made a foolish mistake.




Apologizing

Mrs. Amira: Good morning.

Mr. Parker: Good morning.

Mrs. Amira: I heard that my son misbehaved with you last evening. I’m ashamed of what he did. I came to apologize to you.

Mr. Parker: There’s no need for an apology. It’s true that he used some bad words. But I didn’t take it seriously. Let’s forget about it.

Mrs. Amira: I’ll certainly warn him.

Mr. Parker: please don’t be very harsh with him. I’m sure he’ll realize his mistake.

Explanation: when people come to us to say an apologize, we may accept the apology by saying same expression such as the following:

It doesn’t matter at all

Not at all

Please don’t feel bad about it

Please don’t worry

That’s alright / okay

That’s really not necessary
Well English learners, thank you for coming at this blog, I wish our discussion today about formal basic English conversation is very beneficial for you, keep practice your English and get success. Thank you.

By Lucky Lukmansyah
Source:
http://bahasainggrisonlines.blogspot.co.id/2013/05/apologizing-in-english-conversation.html
http://www.easypacelearning.com/all-lessons/learning-english-level-1/1272-formal-greetings-conversation-learning-english





Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar

Penulisan markup di komentar
  • Silakan tinggalkan komentar sesuai topik. Komentar yang menyertakan link aktif, iklan, atau sejenisnya akan dihapus.
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode gunakan <i rel="code"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode panjang gunakan <i rel="pre"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan quote gunakan <i rel="quote"> catatan anda </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan gambar gunakan <i rel="image"> URL gambar </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan video gunakan [iframe] URL embed video [/iframe]
  • Kemudian parse kode tersebut pada kotak di bawah ini
  • © Simple SEO ✔