Complaining: "we could not walk on the sidewalk"

06:54:00



Dear my friends, here I am in Padang, still in the city where I belong. Now I am going to discuss one currents condition in my city and also about people behavior. Now you may read these following words.

Dima langik dijunjuang

Di sinan bumi dipijak

Dima trotoar nan lapang

Di sinan lapiak dikambang

Those words proximately mean that where ever lands (spaces) in the world, there my people (Padangnese or I may say Minangkabaunese) will be exist to set his or her kiosk on. Those words is kind of slogan by my people who usually make their living by trading. 

This is a very good idea that most of Minangkabaunese has spirit in trading. Where ever countries in this world, we (Minangkabau people) may be exist there. Last time I got news from my cousin who lives in Ohio, US. She told me that she loves to have lunch or diner sometimes in Minangkabau Restaurant, one ethnic restaurant in Ohio that serve people with Padang’s special dish like Rendang and Gulai or Kalio (karri). Then, once I had met with my old friend, my college friend, now he lives in Melbourne, Australia. He said that find a Restaurant Padang or Padang food in Melbourne is not so difficult, there are a lot of Indonesian’s restaurant that may serve you with Padang’s food like Rendang, Dendeng balado, and gulai kepala ikan. 

But today, I am not to tell you about the Minangkabau people who live and get success to do trading in other countries, not. Now I am going to bring a view, a description and a discussion about the yet unsuccess Minangkabau people who live in Padang, make a living by trading in the only one kiosk they have.

One day, in the noon, I had walked in the central market, Pasar Raya Padang. You know my friend, how difficult I as a pedestrian and also other people who walked on the sidewalk, I can say that I can not walk on the sidewalk. That why I had to go walked down on the street a long with other vehicles and the fast and unpredictable motorbikes, I felt it was very unsafe and so dangerous for my life and also for other pedestrian’s life. This bad condition caused by many kiosks which are set on the sidewalk. Where sidewalk must be used by people to walk around, now it can be used any longer. You know my friends, we must pay some tax to the government to let us may use the public facilities such as that sidewalk and many others facilities in this city.

Today a lot of traders in Padang city use pedestrian walk side as space to set their kiosk on. This condition is very bad, feel very annoying and unpleasant for those people who don’t have any motorbike, bicycle, or even automobile to go and move on around the city. This condition now happen in almost all sidewalks and opened space in Padang. 

The citizen have already complained this problem to the Major. You know my friends, once or more a week the city authority go to check the sidewalk’s condition. If the city authority find there are any not proper kiosks stand on, they must be taken and confiscated. 

Unfortunately, in which every time the city authority go to check and to normalize those illegal street kiosks, those kiosk’s owner must know that information at the previous time. Soon, they set out their kiosks, and then they go back home for break, and stop trading for a day. You know my friends, all those street illegal traders must get that important information from someone that they usually give some daily payment. They give some money to whom has a power, may be a gangster or the one who has an authority to control the area or the place where those poor little traders set their kiosk to make a living, make them stay trading on that place. 

I know exactly my friends, those poor traders are not able to rent a legal kiosk which have a license in the proper place. One a license kiosk or a shop is very high budged, those trader do not have a big amount of money get the licensed one. That is why, from day by day, those trader must play seek and hide with the government, poor them, the problematic traders in Padang City.

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar

Penulisan markup di komentar
  • Silakan tinggalkan komentar sesuai topik. Komentar yang menyertakan link aktif, iklan, atau sejenisnya akan dihapus.
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode gunakan <i rel="code"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode panjang gunakan <i rel="pre"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan quote gunakan <i rel="quote"> catatan anda </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan gambar gunakan <i rel="image"> URL gambar </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan video gunakan [iframe] URL embed video [/iframe]
  • Kemudian parse kode tersebut pada kotak di bawah ini
  • © Simple SEO ✔